RE: Backing up my Cygwin installation

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004, Dave Korn wrote:

> [...]

There's no need to back up the local package directory, unless you want
access to older versions of binary and source packages.  The installed
package state is stored in /etc/setup.

> 2) The cygwin registry entries under HKCU/Software/Cygnus Solutions/Cygwin
> and HKLM/......etc.....

FWIW, the recommended way to back up your mount information is to save the
output of "mount -m" into a .bat or a .sh file and run it afterwards
(after a "umount -A").  I can see how this could become a problem for
automatic back-up software, though.
	Igor

--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/