This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: what the steps for be a mirror
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: Yalcin Cekic <yc at eng dot bahcesehir dot edu dot tr>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 15:31:54 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: what the steps for be a mirror
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Thu, 29 Jan 2004, Yalcin Cekic wrote:
> I want to be a mirror for cygwin,
> I could not find any contact information on
> http://cygwin.com/mirrors.html page.
> Is there any contac address or documentation for it.
> Thx for your helps,
Sorry for the delay in answering.
For instructions on how to set up a Cygwin mirror, see the Cygwin package
server page at <http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin-apps/package-server.html>.
Once the mirror is set up and working (test it with the latest snapshot of
setup.exe from <http://cygwin.com/setup-snapshots/>), you can announce it
on this list. The maintainers of the mirrors.html page read this mailing
list, and should be able to add your mirror to the official list.
|\ _,,,---,,_ email@example.com
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"I have since come to realize that being between your mentor and his route
to the bathroom is a major career booster." -- Patrick Naughton
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html