Re: Is there a translation from windows events to cygwin signals ?

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004, Lutz Hörl wrote:

> Hello,
>
> My problem:
>
> I have to send a signal to a running cygwin application, but I can not
> use the cygwin API for this purpose.

This doesn't make sense.  You can always do system("c:/cygwin/bin/kill
-HUP <cygwin_pid>").

> This signal (e.g. SIGHUP) can be cought by my cywin application, the
> application can react on it in a proper way.
>
> Until now I found only documentation that states that the cygwin signals
> rely on windows events but no documentation on how to use this
> mechanism.
>
> Is there a 'translation' from windows events into signals ?
> Is there a way to use then Win32 "BroadcastSystemMessage()" function to
> send a Signal to cygwin application ?
>
> Thank you all
> Lutz Hoerl

Cygwin signals use Windows events under the covers, but there's more to
Cygwin signals than just Windows events.  There's no one-to-one mapping.
Use "kill".
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/