Re: Is it possible to move emacs from one computer to another?

Larry Hall wrote:

At 10:25 AM 2/4/2004, Charles Plager you wrote:

"Charles" == Charles Plager <cplager+cygwin@physics.ucla.edu> writes:

Charles> Is it possible to move the emacs from that distribution
Charles> to a computer where emacs isn't working? I think what you want to do is simply uninstall the version that's
not working, and then install an older version which does work. The
setup program should give you a few versions to choose from.

I downgraded my version of emacs to the only other version available (.11 I think). It is behaving differently than the latest (.12), but still crashes.

Any ideas on how I can get a functioning version?

Perhaps some debugging will help solve the problem for you, if you're up to it.

If anyone has any ideas on how to debug this, I'm up for it.

Charles