Re: [Fwd: Bug: Perl:IsWinNT undefined & RFE, only use "/" in reg values, not names..?]

> Do all the win32 libraries have to have a special port to work on cygwin
> even though
> cygwin was supposed to aid in allowing posix type apps (like perl) to
> run under
> win either from the bash or cjmd.exe shell?

> Definitely the win32 lib is a step in the right direction...but why does
> cygwin need a special version?

Seems to me you answered your own question. The perl that's bundled with
Cygwin is *NOT*
an Active-State-*like* Win32 version of perl. It's really a *unix* built
version of perl that
-requires- Cygwin to even run on Windoze at all. That being the case,
Cygwin perl *thinks* its
running on unix - not Win32. Therefore, modules that expect direct,
non-POSIX access to the
Win32 subsystem are gonna need some help that wouldn't otherwise be
necessary with a true
Win32 build of Perl.

Brian Kelly

"WellChoice, Inc." made the following
 annotations on 02/19/2004 09:07:12 AM
Attention!  This electronic message contains information that may be legally confidential and/or privileged.  The information is intended solely for the individual or entity named above and access by anyone else is unauthorized.  If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this information is prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please reply immediately to the sender that you have received the message in error, and delete it. Release/Disclosure Statement