Re: ftp bug report

On Feb 19 05:31, Thomas Mellman wrote:
> Corinna  wrote:
>
> >> Did you try to use the mapping feature of nmap?  I transfer from a VMS
> >
> >What's nmap?  I never used it.  I don't see that we have a nmap package
> >in the distro.
> >
> >> machine, and I need to nmap to get rid of the version number.  I also
> >> use the case command to convert from uppercase to lowercase.
> >
> >I'd need *specific* instructions to reproduce the crash.  What commands
> >with which options do I have to use how?  Can I do this at all or do I
> >need non-Cygwin commands to reproduce it?  Do I have to have a VMS machine?
>
> Okay, like this:
>
> $ ftp somehost
> Connected to somehost.com.
> 220 somehost.3 FTP Server (Version 5.0) Ready.
> Remote system type is VMS.
> ftp> user mellman
> 331 Username mellman requires a Password
> Password:
> 230 User logged in.
> ftp> cd somewhere
> 250-CWD command successful.
> 250 New default directory is somewhere
> ftp> nmap $1;$2 $1
> ftp> case
> Case mapping on.
> ftp> get mspp_i_seq.h
> 200 PORT command successful.
> 150 Opening data connection for somewhere:MSPP_I_SEQ.H;1 (x.x.x.x,y)
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)

FYI, I can reproduce it now.  I really didn't know about that nmap
command, I never used it before.

However, it would still be nice if somebody would try to track that
down, too.  When starting ftp under GDB, it doesn't hang, it just
doesn't print anything, so you must type in everything blind.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.