Re: 'less' can not find dll

* MEA-MikeFriedrichs (2004-02-27 22:29 +0100)
> At 11:49 AM 2/27/2004, Thorsten Kampe wrote:
>>* redirected to the list    *
>>* do NOT send private email *
>>
>>* MEA-MikeFriedrichs (2004-02-27 17:29 +0100)

>>> I have executed 'find / -name "*less*"', which indicates 'less' is
>>> available.
>>
>>Which you already knew because "less" gave you this error message and
>>if "less" wouldn't be available it couldn't tell you anything.
>>
>>By the way "locate" is your tool of choice.
>>
>>> I have then executed 'find / -name "cygpcre*", and NO
>>> 'cygpcre-0.dll' is found. This is the file that is missing.
>>>
>>> Where can 'cygpcre-0.dll' be located?
>>
>>Do you suffer from an inability to read postings that are answers to
>>your posting until the very end? If so, I repeat my answer:
>>
>>,---
>>|
>>| * Setup Package Search
>>|   http://cygwin.com/packages/
>>|
>>| The name of the dll might lead you the right way.
>>`---
>
> You are one smart 'ass', or is this your personalty hidden behind a
> keyboard. If this is the only way you have to communicate assistance, you
> should stick to your day job!!

I told you the canonical way to search for missing files and
dependencies. Obviously you don't want my help and I honor your wish.

> I searched for 'cygpcre-0.dll' at  http://cygwin.com/packages and all I
> found is where it should reside in the tree structure. I didn't see any
> means to download this file.

Obviously I should have guessed or otherwise known that you did that
although you didn't mention it at all in your email. Well, I'm sorry
for not being able to read your mind. It won't happen again.

T.