Questions on cygwin filemode in WindowsXP

Hi All,

I'm using the xemacs comes with Cygwin on WindowXP for file editing, but it
has a problem with file mode:

My original file (test.php) has the following mode using "ls -l":

-rwx------+            .............................   test.php

after I edit it with xemacs, it generated a file called test.php~, which is
like an exact copy of the old file, but
the original file mode changed, "ls -l" showed:

-rwx---------           .............................. test.php
-rwx---------+         .............................. test.php~

Now I have some questions:

1. What is the '+' in the file mode? I know it has something to do with file
permission, after
the editing, my web server/PHP does not have permission to open test.php
anymore
2. How do I set the '+' in mode manually? I used 'fstat' on the two files
and it shows the exact
same mode (o100700).
3. Why xemacs changed the file mode? Could it be because of different file
system?

Thanks for any help.

Yufeng