RE: cygpcre-0.dll not found message

Thanks for the info Larry, I'll give it a try pronto.

-James

-----Original Message-----
From: Larry Hall [mailto:cygwin-lh@cygwin.com]
Sent: Monday, April 05, 2004 12:50 PM
To: James Adams; cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: cygpcre-0.dll not found message

At 12:22 PM 4/5/2004, you wrote:
>I tried using "less" for the first time today with a fresh installation
of
>Cygwin (version 1.5.9-1) and I got an error message telling me that
"The
>dynamic link library cygpcre-0.dll could not be found in the specified
path".
>How can I remedy this situation ?  I have searched for this file and it
is
>indeed absent.
>
>Thanks in advance for any feedback.

This kind of question can always be answered by visiting
<http://cygwin.com/packages/> and typing the name of the file you're
missing ('cygpcre-0.dll' in this case).  The result will tell you the
name of the package you need to install via setup (libpcre0 for your
situation).  Try it.  It works. ;-)

Holliston, MA 01746

DISCLAIMER: All email(s) sent to and from Harborside Plus are recorded and archived, monitored, and/or disclosed to someone other than the recipient..  The information contained in this e-mail is, unless otherwise indicated, confidential and is intended solely for the use of the named addressee. Access, copying or re-use of the e-mail or any information contained therein by any other person is not authorized. If you are not the intended recipient please notify Harborside Plus immediately by returning the e-mail to James Adams: jadams@harborsideplus.com