Re: cygheap problems, 20040326 snapshot

Christopher Faylor wrote:

On Sun, Apr 04, 2004 at 12:16:06AM -0500, Mark Blackburn wrote:

Christopher Faylor wrote:

On Fri, Apr 02, 2004 at 08:27:32PM -0500, Mark Blackburn wrote:

Brian Ford wrote:

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004, Mark Blackburn wrote:

No it isn't. I recently tried my own build of cygwin:

Could you possibly build it with the attached patch and report the strace output? Also, if you could scan cygwin/winsup/cygwin/how-to-debug-cygwin.txt, it will tell you how to get a working gdb to debug this. The output of info dll would be interesting. Thanks.

Unfortunately the failure doesn't occur when things (gdb & cygstart) are run under strace. Here's the output when run normally:

Use the "error_start" option to the CYGWIN environment variable.  It
will cause gdb to pop up when the error occurs.

I tried setting error_start as explained in winsup/cygwin/how-to-debug-cygwin.txt. However, gdb doesn't pop up when this error occurs. All I get is the same error message as before. I'm going to try Pierre's patch next.

configure with "--enable-debugging".

I did, I still couldn't get gdb to pop up. In any case its moot for me. My wife did a windows update on my win2k machine and this problem doesn't happen any more for the post 1.5.9 snapshots. As such I can't test for this problem unless I can roll back the update. Sorry.

Mark Blackburn

If it's not POSIX... it's CRAP!