RE: strange install problems

You can edit the file directly if you prefer.  I was just trying to
provide you with a mechanism which would allow you to regenerate your
/etc/passwd file in the future without needing to re-edit it each time.
But if that's not a concern for you, just run your favorite editor and
have at it! ;-)

Larry