Re: problems with script

At 09:58 PM 4/13/2004, you wrote:
>Hmmm...The good new is that I am no longer getting
>error messages.  The bad news is that nothing seems to
>be ending up in the file.  I created a file called
>disk_storage in vi.  Then I did the following:
>
>(date; du ~) >> ~/disk_storage
>
>This put some text into the file.  Then I ran:
>
>(date; du ~) | ./ppd.txt ~/disk_storage
>
>And nothing was prepended to the file!  I did get the
>following:
>
>set tf = /tmp/ppd.1568
>set dest = /home/Christopher Spears/disk_storage
>cat - /home/Christopher Spears/disk_storage

Perhaps you should show us exactly what you're doing now.  If you want
someone to try what you have and/or find your problem, you really need
to provide details of what you're doing.  Based on you previous posts,
you wouldn't have gotten even this far (at least not without the benefit
of the responses to those posts).  But I don't think it's fair to have
others guess how you might have changed your script as a result of those

Holliston, MA 01746