ls gets lost in /proc/registry

I did an ls -R through /proc/registry.  When ls hit the mount table, with
cygdrive = / , it got lost, thought the / entry was the root directory, and
went to / before continuing with the rest of /proc/registry.

I don't know if this is a bug, feature, quirk, "by design", or "none of the
above", but I personally found it to be an unexpected behavior.  Also, it
seems that there is a chance for an infinite loop, if Cygwin starts treating
virtual directories more like real directories and files more like real
directories and files.  I'm not asking for anything to be done about it (how
many people use ls -R to scan the entire registry?) -- this is more of a
heads-up.

Here's my mount table:

/proc/registry> mount
c:\cygwin\bin on /usr/bin type user (binmode)
c:\cygwin\lib on /usr/lib type user (binmode)
c:\cygwin on / type user (binmode)
c: on /c type user (binmode,noumount)
d: on /d type user (binmode,noumount)
h: on /h type user (binmode,noumount)

Here's what happens:

/proc/registry> /bin/ls -1Ra 'HKEY_USERS/[snip]/Software/Cygnus
Solutions/Cygwin/mounts v2'
HKEY_USERS/[snip]/Software/Cygnus Solutions/Cygwin/mounts v2:
.
..
/
/usr/bin