Re: Line breaks in bash

Which OS?  Win9x console is pretty much braindead.  Cygwin's programs
(notably bash) have code for processing a SIGWINCH, which they should
receive whenever a window (console or otherwise) that they're running in
gets resized.  However, the code for sending this signal will only detect
a *window* resize -- I don't know whether the one via "mode.com" will also
be detected[*].  Try "kill"ing bash with SIGWINCH.  Also, bash doesn't use
the COLUMNS/ROWS variables, it looks at the same info that stty gets --
run "stty -a" and see if it picks up the window size.
	Igor
[*] It is on Win2k, FWIW.

--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/