Re: g++ 3.4.0 cygwin, codegen SSE & alignement issues

Ross Ridge wrote:
Apparently the code that SDL calls to create the threads doesn't create
threads with aligned stacks. If SDL is using Cygwin functions to create
threads but these functions are creating threads that don't have 16-byte
aligned stacks then this is a Cygwin problem.
SDL is a bit of a pain regarding cygwin (they insist on using mingw etc)... Anyway with Brian Ford patch in hand i have some chances to teach it how to behave.

You need to write an assembler function (you can't use inline assembly
to fix this problem reliably) for each callback function in your code
that's called *directly* by a function that's not compile with GCC.
Something like this:
Ah, i didn't know about the no-inline asm clause (my kludge didn't seem to do any good). Thanks for the clue.

PS: I've never found out how to build a 'cygming special' binary from gcc sources, i can only make a cygwin or mingw. What's the trick?
Download and compile the Cygwin modified sources.
Doh :)

Thanks for time,
	tbp.