More Info

First of all, thank you for responding Larry

"Larry Hall" <cygwin-lh@cygwin.com> wrote in message
6.1.0.6.0.20040503165516.0302ab38@127.0.0.1">news:6.1.0.6.0.20040503165516.0302ab38@127.0.0.1...
> At 04:55 PM 5/3/2004, you wrote:
> >Has anybody successfully utilized OpenInventor for Windows in a Cygwin
> >environment?  I'm trying to build an application I was running in Linux
> >using the Linux version (2.1.5) of OpenInventor but I'm having a hard
time
> >linking the libraries that TGS distributes.
>

> Cygwin can't use Linux libraries or binaries any more than Windows can so
> if you're really trying to link against the Linux version of OpenInventor,
> this won't work.

Oh I know.  This is the Windows PC version (should have stated that
earlier).  OpenInventor has a freeware Linux version and a Windows PC
version distributed by TGS.  The version I'm using is the Windows PC version
which has libraries that work with Visual C++.  I just don't know if Cygwin
can use VC++ type library binaries.  I don't recall the format of Visual C++
objects anymore (OMT?).  It's a been a bit.

> >I have a feeling they work with
> >Visual C++ and their object format.  Can the g++ linker in Cygwin work
with
> >Visual C++ object libraries?  Please let me know.
>

> Generally yes, though I haven't tried OpenInventor specifically myself.

OK... that's good news.  I wonder what I have to do to link them.  What I'm
doing now for instance is this:

g++ -O  -g C:/Cygwin/home/root/bin/myApp myApp.o graphics.o
/usr/lib/InvSV110.lib /usr/lib/DataViz400.LIB /usr/lib/INV400.LIB /usr/lib/
DataViz400D.LIB /usr/lib/INV400D.LIB /usr/lib/DataVizW400.LIB
/usr/lib/INVU400.L
IB /usr/lib/DataVizW400D.LIB /usr/lib/INVU400D.LIB /usr/lib/DialogViz100.LIB
/us
r/lib/INVW400.LIB /usr/lib/DialogViz100D.LIB /usr/lib/INVW400D.LIB
/usr/lib/Hard
Copy400.LIB /usr/lib/IVF400.LIB /usr/lib/HardCopy400D.LIB
/usr/lib/IVF400D.LIB /
usr/lib/HardCopyW400.LIB /usr/lib/IVvr400.LIB /usr/lib/HardCopyW400D.LIB
/usr/li
b/Ivvr400D.LIB -L
C:/Cygwin/home/root/lib -lm -lpthread -lGLU.dll -lGL.dll -lG
Lw -lg2c

Is there a switch that I need to use for linking windows .LIB files?  I'm
getting lots of undefined references in the Inventor code (included headers)
letting me know that I'm not linking the libraries (at least that's
typically the problem when that happens).

Thank You again!