RE: Trying to link an MSVC DLL with a Cygwin Application

john george wrote:

> Can i resolve the name mangling issue by adding the
> extern "C" declaration for every function that I'm
> exporting in the MSVC created DLL.
> I tried this but doesn't seem to work.Is there any
> other way to do this.

Be aware, that there is more than just a compatible call. You have to
recognize, that you have two different RT-libs and therefore also two
memory managers. Said that, you cannot allocate memory from the first one
and set it free on the second. While this is quite obvious with malloc and
friends, you have also to take care of strdup or fopen or ...

Regards,
Jörg