Autarkic fortune/strfile usage possible?

Hi,

I wonder if "outsourcing" of both fortune and strfile executables is
possible, so these programs might be run independently on a Win32 system
lacking the regular Cygwin environment.
Is it feasible somehow to supply just the indispensable Cygwin library
(or libraries) to Windows, so fortune and strfile (needed for generating
fortune's dat files) can be run via cmd.exe?
Fortune is a unique, lovely little program, I'd like to use on other
machines as well - without Cygwin.
Any opinions?

Greetings,

Mikka