Problems with Indirect Interpretation (#!/bin/csh, #!/bin/tcsh, #!/bin/perl, etc...)

I have recently?installed cygwin on my PC at home
(Win-XP) and at work (Win-NT). I can't seem to get
indirect interpretation (e.g. #!/bin/csh -f,
#!/bin/tcsh -f, etc...) to work in either location. I
have tried it in different shells: bash, tcsh, and sh.
And, with different interpreters: #!/bin/bash,
#!/bin/csh, #!/bin/tcsh, #!/bin/sh,
#!/bin/perl?,etc... I have verified that the files are
executable (777) and are in the directory that I am
trying to execute them from. Regardless of the
combination I get a message like:
?
bash: test.pl: command not found
?
or
?
bash: test.sh: command not found
?
etc...
?
It will work when?I proceed the filename with the
correct interpreter as in:
?
bash$ csh test.sh
?
but I'm sure it is just ignoring the 1st line in these
cases.
?
This wouldn't be a problem because of this workaround
except that I have a series of nested csh scripts and
I can only get the outer one to run in this manner.
?
I will appreciate any advice.
?
Thanks