Re: Vim under cygwin console: backspace problem

At 05:42 PM 5/11/2004, you wrote:
>Hello.
>Under windows Xp, backspace doesn't appear to work in vim.
>When I backspace, it doesn't delete the character - the character appears to
>still be on the screen. as far as I can tell, it moves left.
>this is a default installation.
>Vim is version 6.2.
>stty erase ^? didn't work -- it seems to be set to %h by default.

WFM.  If you're still having trouble figuring it out on your own, you should
read and follow:

The only relevant questions I can think of at this point are:

  1. What is TERM set to?
  2. What's your console (cmd or rxvt)?

The first one would be answered by the output of 'cygcheck -s -r -v', which
the "problems" page requests.

Holliston, MA 01746