Re: ncpfs?

* Brandon W. Saxe (2004-05-15 17:16 +0100)
> We run novell at work

No, you don't. It's called "NetWare".

> and I hate it.

You hate something you don't even know by name?

> I am using ncpfs on a linux box to mount shares.

Good choice. On the other hand SMB/CIFS (Samba), AppleTalk and NFS are
equally good choices. NetWare doesn't care.

> I tried compiling it under cygwin but had errors. I think the messages
> where configure stopped were asking for linux header files like socket.h
> I think?
>
> Has anybody used/compiled ncpfs under cygwin successfully?

Yes sure, it's called "Novell Client on Windows" (in contrast to the
"Microsoft Client Service for NetWare"). It compiles out of the box on
all current Windows Operating Systems - even the legacy ones.

Thorsten