[OT] Re: g++ libcygwin.a has an undefined reference

Christian Rudiger wrote:

Hello Al,

thank you, it worked.
i putted one at the end of the program just writing :

}; // end of class
int main(){}

why does that work? I think thats strange.

Regards Christian Rudiger

<snip>

I thought I would post this to the list, because it's nice to have complete dicussions for archive reasons.

All programs in standard C++ should have a function called main (sometimes this function has a different name, for example in windows GUI programming I believe it is called WinMain). This is the function which is called when your program starts, and so must be present. I suspect you are perhaps coming from a java background and may be misunderstanding program structure in C++. This is however unrelated to cygwin, so will not be discussed further. You perhaps need to go and get a book or guide to c++?