Re: ftruncate64() question?

On Sun, May 23, 2004 at 09:29:23AM -0400, Bill C. Riemers wrote:
>> On Sat, May 22, 2004 at 04:24:22PM -0400, Bill C. Riemers wrote:
>>   bash-2.05b$ ./off_t
>>   sizeof(off_t) = 8
>
>>You don't use ftruncate64.  You use ftruncate.  Cygwin is 64 bit by
>>default.
>
>I stand correct.  The bug was elsewhere in my code.  I have been
>working with java so much recently, I had forgotten that on Intel
>platforms long is only 32 bits...  My workaround because I implemented
>it on the filename before the value was truncated by passing it to my
>function as a long...
>
>>How about referencing these messages so we'd have some clue as to what
>>you're talking about?
>
>Sorry, as I originally commented RedHat now considers my IE 6.0 browser
>a spambot.  The way I ended up working around the problem to view the
>messages anyway did not allow me to cut and paste URL's.

If you search google, you'll probably be able to fix your Internet
Explorer installation so that "RedHat" (sic) does not consider you to be
a spambot.

Regardless, this should be only a minor inconvenience since you would be
able to at least point to google cache of the articles or, if you were
able to read the articles, include the articles themselves.

cgf