RE: Problem with home installation (fwd)

John,
	Always best to keep replys on list, you get more (and usualy
better) responces that way.
from your cygcheck output, it looks like something went wrong with your
dependancys during install
Package              Version
_update-info-dir     00227-1
ash                  20040127-1
base-passwd          2.0-1
bash                 2.05b-15
cygwin               1.5.9-1
grep                 2.5-1
libgettextpo0        0.12.1-3
libiconv2            1.9.1-3
libintl1             0.10.40-1
libintl2             0.12.1-3
libpcre              4.1-1
termcap              20021106-2
texinfo              4.2-4

for ls and most other standard commands you need fileutil, which is
normaily installed by default.
I'd just rerun setup if i was you.
(I've re-attached your cygcheck just in case i've missed something)