RE: cron dying in Windows but not in Cygwin

aka 'zombie process' perhaps?  Which IIUIC is caused by cron exiting while
it still has a child process running?

>Currently, I run a script that launches
> /usr/sbin/cron.  This
> script only launches cron if it isn't running.
>
> Does it have something to do with not launching from an rc file? Or,
> does it matter?
>
> Any ideas?  Need more info?

What's in your crontab?  To be precise, what (if anything) is in the crontab
at around the same time as when the cron process dies....?

Does anything show up in the windoze event logs at around the same time?

    cheers,
      DaveK