RE: cron problem with authentication

<http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTNQREAIYR>.

Did you look at <http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html#NTSEC-SETUID>?

> BTW, is there some way that I can login as 'system'? This might provide a
> way around this problem.

There is, but I doubt it'd be helpful.  That said, Google for
"system-owned shell cygwin".

> Thanks for any input to this

Just try what's already been suggested -- run the cron daemon as mqdisp
(if that's the only thing you're using cron for) by using the --user and
--passwd options to cygrunsrv.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/