Re: problem with ssh-user-config on Win XP

Thorsten Kampe wrote:

* vdu (2004-05-28 11:59 +0100)

This is a mailinglist and no newsgroup.

I am using outook express to read what you call a "mailinglist", and in OE they call it newsgroup!

"In OE" "they" call mailing lists mailing lists and newsgroups newsgroups. OE is able to read both: mail and news (and does an incredibly bad job with both).

Sometimes, due to management pigheadedness, you're stuck using only the software that they allow you to use.

So it's a mailinglist for you, and a newsgroup for me.

Only if you want to show the whole world that you don't have the slightest idea what you're doing.

Maybe, then again see my previous post. He may be using a true newsgroup!

Everybody agrees ?

It's a mailing list - so there is nothing to agree or disagree upon.

It's a true newsgroup to me! It may be a mail <-> newsgroup gateway but from my end it's strict NNTP.

By the way (to further confuse you): Gmane offers a mail-to-news-gateway for this mailinglist. Of course it's still a
mailing list - even if you read it via Gmane.

Bingo! But again, from my end it looks like NNTP, smells like NNTP and responds to NNTP. In effect, except for people stating it's a mailing list it is indistinguishable from any other NNTP group.

YMMV
--
DEFINITION: Computer - A device designed to speed and automate errors.