Re: Problems with sshd on Windows 2003 Server

On May 27 14:40, Tomas Stephanson wrote:
> Brian Ford wrote:
> >On Wed, 26 May 2004, Tomas Stephanson wrote:
> >

> >>just though to let you know that after spending several hours trying to
> >>get
> >>*ssh* key authorization to work and always getting the sshd : PID 348 :
> >>fatal: setreuid 500: Permission denied. message
> >>I found a solution, I added the sshd_server user the administrators
> >>group and restarted the service.
> >>Regards Tomas
> >>

> >Did you use ssh-host-config to set up the sshd service?  Did you read
> >/usr/share/doc/Cygwin/openssh.README?
> >
> I ran the ssh-host-config to set up the service, it also set upp the
> sshd_server account and most of the
> user-rights objects. But did not att den user to the administrators group.

The ssh-host-config script adds the sshd_server user to the local admin
group, *iff* the user replies "yes" to the question

  Should this script create a new local account 'sshd_server' which has
  the required privileges?

If it fails to do so, you should have gotten a warning like this:

  WARNING: Adding user sshd_server to local group ${_admingroup} failed!
  Please add sshd_server to local group ${_admingroup} before
  starting the sshd service!

If you have already created an account sshd_server prior to running the
ssh-host-config script, then you're out of luck.

Corinna

Cygwin Co-Project Leader          mailto:cygwin@cygwin.com
Red Hat, Inc.