Weird problem with gdb 2003-09-20-cvs (cygwin-special)

Hi list,
I have encountered a strange situation that I can boil down to
the attached test case. To reproduce the problem
issue
$ echo 123 > a.dat
$ gcc -Wall -pedantic -o insi insi.c

The program runs fine when run from the command-line. Running
within insight or gdb the sscanf dies with
(gdb) run
Starting program: /m/c/insi.exe

0x77e75a3f in KERNEL32!IsBadWritePtr () from
/c/WINDOWS/system32/kernel32.dll

This does not happen when compiled with -mno-cygwin.

To me this looks like a heap corruption, but where? It used to
work fine with 1.5.9 and fails now under 1.5.10.
read_whole_line() is from the snippets collection, which makes me believe
that the bug is not in this part, but who knows.

Any pointers on where and what to search?

TIA
Ciao
Tom

Thomas Demmer
Kraft Foods R&D Inc.
Food Productivity, Quality&Plant Support

Tel.: +49 (0)89 62738-6302
Fax: +49 (0)89 62738-86302
 <<insi.c>>