Bug in scanf &Co (Was Re: Error message from antiword since upgrade to cygwin 1.5.10)

On Wed, 2 Jun 2004, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

> On Wed, 2 Jun 2004, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
>
> [snip]
> > Everything works ok with cygwin-1.5.9.  I'll try to recompile with
> > 1.5.10 later, maybe that helps...
> >
> > Gerrit
>
> Try the attached patch.  FWIW, it seems like there's a bug here, but
> sscanf used to mask it.  Was there a change in the sscanf implementation
> since 1.5.9?
>         Igor

Never mind.  This is a bug in the newlib scanf family implementation
(actually, in __svfscanf_r in libc/stdio/vfscanf.c) that causes it to read
strings of the form 0x0+ incorrectly.  Attached is a testcase that
demonstrates the bug.  I suspect the following change:

2004-04-21  J"orn Rennecke <joern.rennecke@superh.com>

        * libc/stdio/vfscanf.c (NNZDIGITS): New define.
        (__svfscanf_r): In integer conversions, leave out leading zeroes
        which are not part of a base prefix.
        Keep track of width truncation to fit into buf, not counting left-out
        zeroes against width till the truncation has been compensated for.

HTH,
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/