RE: PATH and HOME in cygwin

Interesting reference (bash scripting guide).  I want to take more time
to read it.

I found it took me a while (20 some-odd years ago) to completely
understand the man structure and format.  I found some AT&T documents on
man and, after much reading, came to understand the sections, the
subsections and the overall concept of man pages.  Now it's easy for me,
and I can usually find exactly what I need in a man page quickly.
Unfortunately, Linux seems to be leaning toward keeping things in info
format.  More up-to-date documentation can be found there, so I've
learned how to use Emacs to peruse info manuals.

Because of the efforts I went through to learn how to read documentation
in Unix, I understand a newbie struggling with it.

Then there's the question of how up-to-date documents are.  When an
application was enhanced, were the man pages updated?  Are there
features that aren't documented that I want to use?

I try to be understanding with questions.  If they're totally ignorant
and lazy, I might kindly tell them where to look, but if it appears like
they've made a little effort, I'll try and answer them.

Chris Carlson
iStor Networks, Inc.