Re: C:\cygwin & sub folder will not delete after failed install of cygwi 1.5.10-

James Bond wrote:

I even tried renaming it and then trying to install cygwin again in a new c:\cygwin dir.
But almost at the very end of the install it did the exact same thing as last time, it FORCE REBOOTED the system and didn't finish the install.
Only this time I could and did delete the c:\cygwin dir ok.

I am now just left with the old corrupted c:\cygwin dir which I named c:\dead and which I cannot get rid of period.

Something is wrong with your system: Cygwin Setup only requires a reboot if something it's installing is already running when you install, and even then it hooks Windows' RunOnce startup sequence and waits for you to reboot manually.