more pain - YAM

I tried not to, but... I'll bite...

Op Mon, 7 Jun 2004 00:19:11 -0400 schreef Christopher Faylor
in <20040607041911.GA10312@coe.casa.cgf.cx>:
:  On Mon, Jun 07, 2004 at 05:16:08AM +0200, Bas van Gompel wrote:
: > [multiple recipients: cygwin mailing-list + Rose Naftaly at RedHat]
: > Note: This is legal stuff, many of you may want to skip this mail...
:
:   Good advice.

You could have taken it, and avoided this thread.

: > In <url:http://cygwin.com/contrib.html> it says to ask questions on
: > to send questions to R. Naftaly. Hence this (b)cc'd message.
:
:   There is no reason to send legal questions here.  This list will not
:  resolve your grievances.  Contacting the person in the contrib link
:  is the correct way to do this.

Did you read what you are replying to? The contrib page states:
| Here is our standard assignment form for changes to Cygwin that
| you can fill out, sign, and send back. It shouldn't end up being
| that much of a pain. If you have any questions, please send them
| to the cygwin mailing list.

Should this text be modified?

:  Lets not discuss this here any further.  There is no reason to subject
:  the cygwin mailing list to Red Hat specific legal questions.  We don't
:  need a bunch of IANAL's wasting bandwidth with their expert legal
:  opinions.

Nobody was discussing this, nor requesting any discussion of this.
I agree there is nothing to discuss. Let's wait for the response from
the Red Hat legal department. I just mailed this here FYI.

hth, hand.

EOT IIIUTM

Buzz.
--
  ) |  | ---/ ---/  Yes, this | This message consists of true | I do not
--  |  |   /    /   really is |   and false bits entirely.    | mail for