Re: more pain - YAM

On Wed, Jun 09, 2004 at 03:50:44AM +0200, Buzz wrote:
>I tried not to, but... I'll bite...
>
>Op Mon, 7 Jun 2004 00:19:11 -0400 schreef Christopher Faylor
>in <20040607041911.GA10312@coe.casa.cgf.cx>:
>:  On Mon, Jun 07, 2004 at 05:16:08AM +0200, Bas van Gompel wrote:
>: > [multiple recipients: cygwin mailing-list + Rose Naftaly at RedHat]
>: > Note: This is legal stuff, many of you may want to skip this mail...
>:
>:   Good advice.
>
>You could have taken it, and avoided this thread.

Are you new here?  No, I couldn't avoid this thread.  If I had, we could
have had many people offering their IANAL, but opinions on the subject.

>: > In <url:http://cygwin.com/contrib.html> it says to ask questions on
>: > to send questions to R. Naftaly. Hence this (b)cc'd message.
>:
>:   There is no reason to send legal questions here.  This list will not
>:  resolve your grievances.  Contacting the person in the contrib link
>:  is the correct way to do this.
>
>Did you read what you are replying to? The contrib page states:
>| Here is our standard assignment form for changes to Cygwin that
>| you can fill out, sign, and send back. It shouldn't end up being
>| that much of a pain. If you have any questions, please send them
>| to the cygwin mailing list.
>
>Should this text be modified?

Yes.  I apologize.  I had not read the contrib page in a while.  I was
not paying close enough attention.

>:  Lets not discuss this here any further.  There is no reason to subject
>:  the cygwin mailing list to Red Hat specific legal questions.  We don't
>:  need a bunch of IANAL's wasting bandwidth with their expert legal
>:  opinions.
>
>Nobody was discussing this, nor requesting any discussion of this.
>I agree there is nothing to discuss. Let's wait for the response from
>the Red Hat legal department. I just mailed this here FYI.

When you send messages to a mailing list, you invite discussion.  That
is why we have mailing lists.

Now I have modified both pages to make it clear that you don't send
questions for Red Hat's lawyers here.

cgf