Re: __getreent undefined on linux app build

At 06:11 PM 6/11/2004, you wrote:
>Larry Hall wrote, On 6/11/2004 5:22 PM:
>>Yes, libcygwin.a is the import library.  But I don't understand why you need it (or -lc either for that matter).  Just compiling with Cygwin's
>>gcc/g++ gets you all this, unless you're using -mno-cygwin, in which case you're undoing it by explicitly linking Cygwin anyway.  Clearly,
>>you're doing something I don't understand but in the whole sheme of things, my understanding of your problem isn't a requirement for
>>anything. ;-)
>
>When I made a hello world which calls printf I don't have to do -lc on gcc cmd line. But when I make a lib which calls c lib functions, I have to provide -lc (and -lcygwin). Not doing -mno-cygwin.

You mean like this?

# cat t.c
#include <string.h>

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
        char *p = strstr("p", argv[1]);
        return 0;
}
# gcc -o t t.c
#

Something is weird in your environment, though I'm not sure what it is.
Perhaps you want to look at the output of 'gcc -v'.  Or maybe your just
as happy working around the problem.  But something is wrong here.

Holliston, MA 01746