Re: script command

Mike Kenny - BCX - Infrastructure Services wrote:

> [...]

Umm, PCYMTNQREAIYR.  Thanks.

(http://www.cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTNQREAIYR)

> > "Warren, Matthew (Retail)" wrote:
> >
> > > Does cygwin provide support the script command?
> >
> > No, it does not in the net release.  However, see for example:
> > http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=cygwin&m=103314951904556&w=2 which
> > compiles and runs fine for me.  If you want a man page to go with it
> > then try:
> >
> > curl -o /usr/local/man/man1/script.1
> > 'http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/src/usr.bin/
> > script/script.1?rev=1.19&content-type=text/plain'
>
> thanks for this link. This is, almost, exactly what I was looking for. But, my compile
> fails as it can't (neither can I) find libutil.h. Could you point me to a similar link for
> this, or e-mail a copy directly to me?

I forgot to mention that I commented out the libutil.h line.  If you
include pty.h and utmp.h and make a couple of trivial changes, it
compiles cleanly with -Wall.

For the sake of the archives (the one linked above needs some minor line
un-wrapping) I'll attach my local copy with all the changes.

Brian
/*
 * Copyright (c) 1980, 1992, 1993
 *      The Regents of the University of California.  All rightsreserved.
 *
 * are met:
 *    notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer inthe
 *    documentation and/or other materials provided with thedistribution.
 * 3. All advertising materials mentioning features or use of thissoftware
 *    must display the following acknowledgement:
 *      This product includes software developed by the University of
 *      California, Berkeley and its contributors.
 * 4. Neither the name of the University nor the names of itscontributors
 *    may be used to endorse or promote products derived from thissoftware
 *    without specific prior written permission.
 *
 * THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE REGENTS AND CONTRIBUTORS ``AS IS''AND
 * ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE
 * IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE
 * ARE DISCLAIMED.  IN NO EVENT SHALL THE REGENTS OR CONTRIBUTORS BELIABLE
 * FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL
 * DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS
 * OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION)
 * HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT
 * LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY
 * OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF
 * SUCH DAMAGE.
 */

#include <sys/cdefs.h>

/* __FBSDID("$FreeBSD: src/usr.bin/script/script.c,v 1.20 2002/09/04
23:29:06 dwmalone Exp $"); */

#ifndef lint
static const char copyright[] =
"@(#) Copyright (c) 1980, 1992, 1993\n\
        The Regents of the University of California.  All rights reserved.\n";
#endif

#ifndef lint
static const char sccsid[] = "@(#)script.c      8.1 (Berkeley) 6/6/93";
#endif

#include <sys/types.h>
#include <sys/wait.h>
#include <sys/stat.h>
#include <sys/ioctl.h>
#include <sys/time.h>
#include <errno.h>
#include <fcntl.h>
#include <paths.h>
#include <signal.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <string.h>
#include <termios.h>
#include <sys/unistd.h>
#include <pty.h>
#include <utmp.h>
#include <pwd.h>

FILE    *fscript;
int     master, slave;
int     child;
const char *fname;
int     qflg;

struct  termios tt;

void    done(int);
void    dooutput(void);
void    doshell(char **);
void    fail(void);
void    finish(void);
static void usage(void);
void cfmakeraw(struct termios *);

extern char *optarg;
extern int optind, opterr;

int
main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
        int cc;
        struct termios rtt, stt;
        struct winsize win;
        int aflg, kflg, ch, n;
        struct timeval tv, *tvp;
        time_t tvec, start;
        char obuf[BUFSIZ];
        char ibuf[BUFSIZ];
        fd_set rfd;
        int flushtime = 2;
        int one=1;

        aflg = kflg = 0;
        while ((ch = getopt(argc, argv, "aqkt:")) != -1)
                switch(ch) {
                case 'a':
                        aflg = 1;
                        break;
                case 'q':
                        qflg = 1;
                        break;
                case 'k':
                        kflg = 1;
                        break;
                case 't':
                        flushtime = atoi(optarg);
                        if (flushtime < 0)
                                fprintf(stderr, "invalid flush time %d",flushtime);
                        break;
                case '?':
                default:
                        usage();
                }
        argc -= optind;
        argv += optind;

        if (argc > 0) {
                fname = argv[0];
                argv++;
                argc--;
        } else
                fname = "typescript";

        if ((fscript = fopen(fname, aflg ? "a" : "w")) == NULL)
                fprintf(stderr, "%s", fname);

        (void)tcgetattr(STDIN_FILENO, &tt);
        (void)ioctl(STDIN_FILENO, TIOCGWINSZ, &win);
        if (openpty(&master, &slave, NULL, &tt, &win) == -1)
                fprintf(stderr, "openpty");

        if (!qflg) {
                tvec = time(NULL);
                (void)printf("Script started, output file is %s\n",fname);
                (void)fprintf(fscript, "Script started on %s",ctime(&tvec));
                fflush(fscript);
        }
        rtt = tt;
        cfmakeraw(&rtt);
        rtt.c_lflag &= ~ECHO;
        (void)tcsetattr(STDIN_FILENO, TCSAFLUSH, &rtt);

        child = fork();
        if (child < 0) {
                printf("fork");
                done(1);
        }
        if (child == 0)
                doshell(argv);

        (void)close(slave);
        if (flushtime > 0)
                tvp = &tv;
        else
                tvp = NULL;

        start = time(0);
        FD_ZERO(&rfd);
        ioctl(master, FIONBIO, (char *)&one);

        for (;;) {
                FD_SET(master, &rfd);
                FD_SET(STDIN_FILENO, &rfd);
                if (flushtime > 0) {
                        tv.tv_sec = flushtime;
                        tv.tv_usec = 0;
                }
                n = select(master + 1, &rfd, 0, 0, tvp);
                if (kill(child, 0) < 0) {
                        if (errno == ESRCH)
                                break;
                        else
                           fprintf(stderr, "Problem with child\n");
                }
                if (n < 0 && errno != EINTR)
                        break;
                if (FD_ISSET(STDIN_FILENO, &rfd)) {
                        cc = read(STDIN_FILENO, ibuf, BUFSIZ);
                        if (cc <= 0)
                                break;
                        if (cc > 0) {
                                (void)write(master, ibuf, cc);
                                if (kflg && tcgetattr(master, &stt) >= 0 &&
                                    ((stt.c_lflag & ECHO) == 0)) {
                                        (void)fwrite(ibuf, 1, cc, fscript);
                                }
                        }
                }
                if (FD_ISSET(master, &rfd)) {
                        cc = read(master, obuf, sizeof (obuf));
                        if (cc <= 0)
                                break;
                        (void)write(STDOUT_FILENO, obuf, cc);
                        (void)fwrite(obuf, 1, cc, fscript);
                }
                tvec = time(0);
                if (tvec - start >= flushtime) {
                        fflush(fscript);
                        start = tvec;
                }
        }
        finish();
        done(0);
        return(0);
}

static void
usage(void)
{
        (void)fprintf(stderr,
            "usage: script [-a] [-q] [-k] [-t time] [file] [command]\n");
        exit(1);
}

void
finish(void)
{
        pid_t pid;
        int die, e, status;

        die = e = 0;
        while ((pid = wait3(&status, WNOHANG, 0)) > 0)
                if (pid == child) {
                        die = 1;
                        if (WIFEXITED(status))
                                e = WEXITSTATUS(status);
                        else if (WIFSIGNALED(status))
                                e = WTERMSIG(status);
                        else /* can't happen */
                                e = 1;
                }

        if (die)
                done(e);
}

void
doshell(char **av)
{
        const char *shell;
        char *userenv;
        struct passwd *pwd;

        userenv = getenv("USER");
        pwd = getpwnam(userenv);
        if (pwd == NULL) {
                fprintf(stderr, "Invalid user %s", userenv);
        }

        setenv ("SHELL", pwd->pw_shell, 1);
        setenv ("USER", pwd->pw_name, 1);
        setenv ("TERM", "cygwin", 0);

        endpwent();

        shell = getenv("SHELL");
        if (shell == NULL)
                shell = _PATH_BSHELL;

        (void)close(master);
        (void)fclose(fscript);
        login_tty(slave);
        if (av[0]) {
                execvp(av[0], av);
                printf("%s", av[0]);
        } else {
                execl(shell, shell, "-i", (char *)NULL);
                printf("%s", shell);
        }
        fail();
}

void
fail(void)
{
        (void)kill(0, SIGTERM);
        done(1);
}

void
done(int eno)
{
        time_t tvec;

        (void)tcsetattr(STDIN_FILENO, TCSAFLUSH, &tt);
        tvec = time(NULL);
        if (!qflg) {
                (void)fprintf(fscript,"\nScript done on %s", ctime(&tvec));
                (void)printf("\nScript done, output file is %s\n", fname);
        }
        (void)fclose(fscript);
        (void)close(master);
        exit(eno);
}

void cfmakeraw(struct termios *termios_p) {

    termios_p->c_iflag &= ~(IGNBRK|BRKINT|PARMRK|ISTRIP|INLCR|IGNCR|ICRNL|IXON);
    termios_p->c_oflag &= ~OPOST;
    termios_p->c_lflag &= ~(ECHO|ECHONL|ICANON|ISIG|IEXTEN);
    termios_p->c_cflag &= ~(CSIZE|PARENB);
    termios_p->c_cflag |= CS8;
}