Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 10:53:29 -0500
From: Brian Ford
To: Gerrit P. Haase
Subject: Re: Annoucement: GCC-3.4.0 binary release candidat

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:

> I was able to build the whole GCC suite including Pascal, Modula 2, D
> and also Java without problems now, after I downgraded to  cygwin-1.5.9.
> Which version of cygwin did you use to build Java?  I'm asking since
> the Java build fails for me with cygwin-1.5.10-3 and one newer snapshot I
> tried.

I'm still trying to get a clean bootstrap with all the languages enabled,
but could you post your configure line so that I can look into your issue
above?

Also, are you planning on incorporating the DWARF 2 patch discussed here?

I can't tell you how grateful I'd be if you did :-).  The configury in
that patch does need a newer than released binutils to trigger, though.
CGF, are you planning on a binutils release anytime soon?  Or Gerrit,
could you just manually define HAVE_GAS_PE_SECREL32_RELOC?  The patch
should be really safe as it only adds the ability to use -gdwarf-2.
Without that flag, nothing should be affected.

Thanks a bunch.

--
Brian Ford
Senior Realtime Software Engineer