Re: ssh become slower and slower?

On Tuesday, June 15, 2004 1:30 PM [EDT], Dave Korn <dk@artimi.com>
wrote:

>   Better advice would be to try a *different* firewall, not none at
> all.
>
>   Anything by Norton is very bad news, because all their software is
> hideously bloated, installs hooks into way too many corners of your
> system, and destabilises everything.  That goes for their AV and
> antispam stuff as well as their PFW.
>
>   Something lower impact, like Zone Alarm or Agnitum or any of the
> free PFWs should do.  And I always recommend Grisoft AVG (free
> edition) as a good low-intrusiveness antivirus.

Kerio Personal Firewall is pretty decent too - I run it here with no
problems once I turn off the IDS (in free mode, v4 only has packet
filtering on incoming/outgoing connections, none of the more advanced
interprocess communcation control, etc).  If you run XP, you can use the
built in firewall (moreso, get the SP2 RC and use the more powerful
firewall in that).

I'm one of the people who produces ClamAV for Windows using Cygwin.
Unfortunately, we dont have real time scanning yet.  Working on it
though from what I know.

--
Brian Bruns
Open Solutions For A Closed World / Anti-Spam Resources

The Abusive Hosts Blocking List
http://www.ahbl.org