Re: Ctrl-Z fails to suspend Windows programs

Dave Korn wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: cygwin-owner On Behalf Of Peter A. Castro
Sent: 17 June 2004 21:13
To: John Cooper
Cc: cygwin
Subject: RE: Ctrl-Z fails to suspend Windows programs

Anyway, can you point me to where you got this code example?

[win32sdk]

ID: Q90493

I have a suspicion that this (and similar) code samples should probably not be posted to this list; can everyone please snip their quotes of it. It looks a bit copyright to me. So I googled the q number. Found it in a couple of places.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;90493

http://www.opensource.apple.com/darwinsource/10.3/tcsh-44/tcsh/win32/globals
.c

  Oh dear.  Word-for-word copying of M$ proprietary source into an open
source project?  TCSH-L added.  I dunno what the status is of SDK source
code examples but it's certainly M$ copyright; someone should look at the
licensing terms.

Well, if this is Microsoft code, following applies to it: <http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=%2fsupport%2fmisc%2fcpyright.asp>

And for Apple sources, there is also copyright notice that should follow if it is used (as usually people do).

  There's a different way of doing it, just frex.  Opening a file and
reading a few bytes out of a couple of structs is something that can be done
in standard posix C without even breaking a sweat.

Surely. And it's far more efficient than done in 'M$'-way. Of course if reason or another image format changes own hack needs to be updated, M$-solution still works. (Or doesn't...)

--

Jani Tiainen