Re: cygwin 1.5.10: Possible bug

Christopher Faylor wrote:
So, if anyone is under the impression that this is just a
lack of time, that is not the case, at least for me, and, I suspect that
Corinna is in the same boat.

Agreed. This is basically a special-purpose issue, so the onus is on us to figure out what can be done.

The times it has come up to bite the average user are few and far in between. In particular, the tcl/tk fiasco is the only one that has bitten a significant number of people, and mostly because the Cygwin tcl package doesn't follow the Cygwin convention of prefixing the DLL names with "cyg" (i.e. instead of "cygtcl84.dll", it's just "tcl84.dll", and it ends up getting picked up by programs that try to dynamically load a TCL scripting engine).

So anyway, to cut a long story short, I agree with cgf :-).