Re: Rebaseall fails with error 6 ...

I've had rebaseall fail with error 6, even when (as far as I knew)
there were no running processes that had any Cygwin DLL mapped.  (I
also made sure the DLL was writable).  Out of frustration I
completely uninstalled, then reinstalled, all of Cygwin, and that
fixed the problem :-)  I now suspect that rebooting would have
sufficed.

(But I don't regret reinstalling -- for some reason it's much faster
now, even though I'm using the same versions of all the DLLs)
--
Software is largely a service industry operating under the
persistent but unfounded delusion that it is a manufacturing