RE: Querry Related to cygwin

  If setup can't access the sites, that's probably a problem with the
firewall at your side.  It maybe that it doesn't handle ftp connections very
well.  What settings did you choose on the  "Select connection type" page?
If "Direct connection" isn't working, but you are able to surf the web and
access ftp sites from internet explorer, then selecting "Use IE5 settings"
should make it work for you.

  If you really can't get it to work, then yes, you can indeed set up your
own server with the entire cygwin packages on it, and use setup.exe to
install from that.  See
http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin-apps/package-server.html
for the instructions, but it's probably a lot more work than just figuring
out what's going wrong when setup tries to access those download sites and
fixing that problem.

    cheers,
      DaveK