Re: Ssh executable is missing

On Fri, 2 Jul 2004, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

> This seems to be getting dangerously close to the Cygwin/X zone.  While
> your question about the ssh executable above does belong on this list, any
> further questions about X and X11-forwarding over ssh should be addressed
> to the cygwin-xfree list instead.
Thanks for this additional hint.  I might be forced to come back to this
list in the near future.

> Speaking of X11-forwarding, to fend off the next obvious question, the
> recent versions of openssh (starting with 3.8p1-1) do *untrusted*
> X11-forwarding by default, which prevents some applications from working
> properly.
Do you mean things like

~> ssh -X gimp
The program 'gimp' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)'.
  (Details: serial 142 error_code 3 request_code 38 minor_code 0)

> You need to use the "-Y" flag instead to turn on *trusted*
> X11-forwarding.
According to your hint I tried

~> ssh -Y gimp

which worked like a charm.

> For more info, see the 3.8p1-1 openssh package
> announcement (<http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2004-02/msg01264.html>) or the
> Cygwin/X FAQ (<http://x.cygwin.com/docs/faq/cygwin-x-faq.html>).
Many thanks.  You solved I problem I did not even had once you solved it.
Are you able to see the future?? ;-))

Kind regards

           Andreas.