RE: Time out server mechanism in cygwin

Hi,

If I understood your suggestion correctly, this is what I think.

I can use pthread but problem is following
What if process A wants to create multiple timers, should I create
multiple pthreads for each timer request. Probably not. What if there
are say 20 processes in the system and all of them wants to create
timers for them.

So what I think is that it would be easy if we have one standalone
process whose job is to accept timer requests from other processes in
the system and inform back to these processes by some means of some IPC
message that timer expired now do what you want to do.

I am very new to cygwin and I was wondering that there must be some kind
of mechanism (as mentioned above) which can help me achieve this goal.
I can implement this process but wondering if it is already implemented
so that I don't have to spend that much time.

Thanks a lot for quick reply.
Amit