Building shared mod_php on cygwin + undefined symbols and missing DSOs

Hello,

I'm trying to build the shared php libraries on cygwin but no success so far.

Here's the configure invocation:

./configure --with-pgsql --with-apxs=/usr/sbin/apxs \
   enable-cgi --enable-fastcgi

I get this warning when running make:
libtool: link: warning: undefined symbols not allowed in i686-pc-cygwin shared libraries

Since it's a warning, I just ignore it.

However, I get this error when installing:

$ make install
Installing PHP SAPI module
apxs:Error: file libs/libphp4.so is not a DSO
make: *** [install-sapi] Error 1

There is no libphp4.so on the libs directory. Only these files.

libphp4.a
libphp4.la

I've checked the cygwin archives regarding the issue and I saw these relevant posts:

In the first post, the question was "How to build php in cygwin". The responder pointed to a website. However, the several README.* files referred do not contain a reference to building php on cygwin (read: not even the string "cygwin").

I've searched the php site on relevant info regarding the problem. One link is:

http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=21527

However, it still does not give us an idea on how to build php on cygwin.

Further search on the net showed that there is an issue regarding using libtool with the "-no-undefined" option. I got the tip by entering the following string verbatim at google (except quotes):

"libtool: link: warning: undefined symbols not allowed in i686-pc-cygwin shared libraries"

Can anyone point out the way to build the latest php on cygwin?

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Carlo
------