RE: Installed fine and yet having issues...

  At this point in your post, it would have been a good idea to explain
*why* you can't even use the simplest of commands.  Is your keyboard broken?
Do your fingers perhaps not work?  Does bash not accept input?  Do you get
an error message?  Does your computer halt and catch fire, or reboot?
Nobody's going to know what the answer to your problem is if you don't
actually tell us anything about what the problem itself is!

> have attempted to
> go by the advice others have give to what I think were
> nothing seems to work.?

  Oh look!  No details about what that advice was, or in what way it didn't
work.

> I am not striving to run X11, I
> mainly just wish to
> use gcc and related things like make and configure.?

  Reading between the lines, I can just make out the first hint of a clue as
to what the problem might actually be.  Did you actually tell setup to
install gcc and the various other development tools?  They're not included
by default.

    cheers,
      DaveK