This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
reexec'ing problem solved (was Re: upgrading openssh 3.8.1p1-1 -> 3.9p1-1 breaks privilege separation)
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 13:21:23 +0200
- Subject: reexec'ing problem solved (was Re: upgrading openssh 3.8.1p1-1 -> 3.9p1-1 breaks privilege separation)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20040818152348.GI10590@cygbert.vinschen.de>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Aug 18 17:23, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Aug 18 10:30, Matt Swift wrote:
> > I've verified on two machines running XP Pro with up-to-date Cygwin
> > installations that upgrading from openssh 3.8.1p1-1 to openssh 3.9p1-1
> > breaks sshd when running with privilege separation (the default).
> > [...]
> As a temporary measure, please add the -r option when starting sshd.
> I haven't found the exact culprit so far, but the above flag will help.
> Thanks for the report. It's embarassing that I didn't find the error
> myself since I had accidentally switched off privilege separation a few
> days ago :-(
I found the culprit. It's a miscalculation bug in Cygwin which happens
when dup'ing sockets. I've checked in a fix. For the impatient, you can
try the latest developers snapshot from http://www.cygwin.com/snapshots/
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader mailto:email@example.com
Red Hat, Inc.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html