Re: How to install an update of the library GMP in cygwin?

Moises Deangelo schrieb:
My main interest is to work with the mathematics library GMP.

In cygwin, the last version that I found was to 4.1.2-1, but in the site
of the library GMP, the last version is to 4.1.3.

I do not understand anything of Linux or Unix and my English is not
anything good.

but you have to know some development issues, or wait for the updated cygwin release.

Someone who knows this library, you know tell me how to install the new
version of her (gmp-4.1.3)???

it's a female in portoguese? or just in brazil :)

get the cygwin gmp-4.1.2-1 src package.
get the updated gmp-4.1.3 package.
apply the cygwin build script to the new version (change the version number), just use prefix=/usr/local please.

this will apply the cygwin patches to the new version,
calls configure with the cygwin specific calls and calls make.
do your custom installation in to /usr/local/ then.
also unstall the cygwin gmp-4.1.2-1 package via setup.exe

Or anybody does it knows how to tell when will the new version be placed
for download in the install of the cygwin?

watch this list for ANNOUNCEMENT

A hug to everybody.

please don't do that!

I keep waiting the help from someone.