Error when running cygserver from command prompt

Hello from Gregg C Levine
I am getting an error message when I attempt to cygserver from the command
prompt:
Gregg C Levine@who4 /
$ net start cygserver
The CYGWIN cygserver service is starting.
The CYGWIN cygserver service could not be started.

A system error has occurred.

System error 1067 has occurred.

The process terminated unexpectedly.
I ran the configuration routines, used the default configuration file. The
funny thing is that I get this error attempting to start SSHD as well. Both
from the prompt; and from the panels used to manage the services, on this
W2kPro box. Since I, ah, upgraded from Win98SE which is barely supported by
Cygwin to W2k which is, I checked everything, and found out that I inherited
administrator rights via the original accounts.