This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: change opening path
- From: Larry Hall <lh-no-personal-replies-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: "Tom Plane" <tom at tomplane dot com>, <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2004 14:59:33 -0400
- Subject: Re: change opening path
- References: <000a01c49042$9c03ea00$6f05a8c0@seeall>
- Reply-to: Cygwin List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
At 12:41 PM 9/1/2004, you wrote:
>When I open the shell and check the path (pwd) it's reply is
>/cygdrive/h. The H drive is my home drive at work. To get to the C drive
>(cygdrive/c) I have to cd.
>How do I change the opening path from H to C permanently?
Set your home path in '/etc/passwd' to the directory you want. Edit the
file directly or just use 'mkpasswd -p'.
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
838 Washington Street (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html